Welcome

All the Fits that's News to Print

Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Machiavelli Personality Test



So, what's your Mach score?

Help me get blog-thing rolling & post your score or whatever below as a comment. Thanks!

Machiavelli personality test

This survey at Salon.com has 20 questions, takes 2-5 minutes: "Range is 1-100.  Most fall somewhere in the middle, but there's a significant minority at either extreme."  Survey says:

This survey itself measures only one thing -- whether you subscribe to the ideas of a 16th century Italian political philosopher. But experiments have shown that reactions to Machiavelli act as a kind of litmus test, delineating differences in temperament that can be confirmed with more traditional personality inventories.

High Machs constitute a distinct type: charming, confident and glib, but also arrogant, calculating and cynical, prone to manipulate and exploit.

(Think Rupert Murdoch, or if your politics permit it, President Clinton.)

True low Machs, however, can be kind of dependent, submissive and socially inept. So be sure to invite a high Mach or two to your next dinner party.

On Tue, Dec 15, 2009 at 8:41 AM, Chris wrote:

I just finished your 'Bama article on Clark-Works.  I've read bits and pieces on Facebook and through email, but the completed article is truly fantastic.  Powerful and well written, dear Clark.  I'm so impressed with your writing skills and powers of observation on the world around us, and honored to be your friend.

-Chris
Chris, you are clearly the one to blame for this!  You didn't think I would fail to exploit this compliment, did you.  What, me a "high Mach" scoring 62?  Think again, boyo!
 
Seriously, I've let this blog linger on a dusty desuetude for a year or so now.  Maybe I can do something with it.  The idea is to have fun.

So g'ahead.  Be the first second Clark-Works Commenter ever!  (Who copped firsties as the one and only "Anonymous Commenter" to appear at Clark-Works?   You get 62 guesses.)






 

5 comments:

  1. Exploit away, Clark. Maybe we can ramp your score into the low 70's by New Years!

    Sorry to be such a boring person, but I scored a 56. I am neither Megalomanic nor naive doormat.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry to interject something different here, but I remember Clark mentioned the word Flobber last week. He said he was going to, "Flobber around the house on Sunday". Being a humble man from the sticks I was confused by this strange phrase. Webster's was no help so I consulted Urban Dictionary and found two competing definitions:

    http://screencast.com/t/MWIyZDZiMDUt

    http://www.screencast.com/users/Biffermas/folders/Jing/media/bdc5dee4-7c7f-4c3b-8f5a-9fc79e171a8b

    Maybe Clark can clarify the context of his statement?

    ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. "Flobber," like "happy-clapper" is Brit slang. I learned it from my dear pal Miranda. We first met way back when in India, and later I had the opoportunity to visit Miranda and her husband Pete at their cozy home of chillies in Brighton.

    "Flobber" as I understand it, is kind of onomatopoeic or a portmanteau construction - what it sounds like - to flop around, to be a slob, to do nothing at all, as it "I flobbered around Sunday watching the telly" 0 is what it means across the pond. I think. Urban dictionary has its own take. http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=flobber&sourceid=Mozilla-search

    ReplyDelete
  4. Carolynn, I wonder which question this was>

    ReplyDelete
  5. 52. Had it been 42, I might have proved something.

    ReplyDelete